Saturday 15 December 2012

2nd Annual Ornament Swap



 Welcome to the 2nd Annual Ornament Swap hosted by the lovely Sally Russick. This is my first time participating in the event and I was very excited when I found out that my partner would be Sally herself. Her parcel arrived beautifully boxed an be-ribboned and I found myself holding my breathe while I opened it...and the anticipation wasn't wasted.

Inside was this beautiful beaded crystal snowflake suspended from coiled silver wire hook and accented with soft grey and ivory lampwork beads from HMB studios...


Sally couldn't have picked better colours if she'd tried since my tree and ornaments are all clear glass and crystal and very pale muted tones. Unfortunately the tree is a shimmery matte silver/white which holds no truck with being photographed (not with my limited ability anyway) so I am unable to show Sally's piece in situ but believe me, it could have been made to my own specifications it fits so well. But then, if you've already seen Sally's post today you may notice certain similarities in motifs and colours...there was a definite meeting of minds on this project!



And as if it wasn't enough the have this beautiful thing hanging from my tree, I then discovered that the snowflake has its own bail and can be removed from the ornament and worn as a pendant - how awesome is that!


I absolutely adore this and it will have pride of place in my holiday decor for many years to come - thank you so much Sally, both for my wonderful gift and for organising this hop for us.

Now, I'm off to grab myself another cup of coffee before I settle down to visit all the other participants and see what Christmas surprises they've had...I do hope you'll use the links below and join me as It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas....

Lesley

 













22 comments:

  1. Hi Lesley,
    Oh my the ornament you received from Sally is beautiful. I like that you can also put the snowflake on a chain and wear it to a party or two. I just visited Sally's post and I am still wiping the drool from my chin, you both did an awesome job and similar in style and color.
    Merry Christmas.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sally is one of the most talented designers out there I tell you! This is drop dead gorgeous- I love the beaded snowflake! And what an ingenious idea to have the removable bail! Incredibly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lesley, It was such a pleasure having you as a partner. I love, love, love the ornament that you made me. It is amazing the similarities with our ornaments! Thank you again for participating in the swap/hop and I hope you will join in again next year! Have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a clever idea! Love that little snowflake!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lesley, I stopped by Sally's before coming here and I just Love what you sent her. It is perfect for the season...gorgeous work, perfect feel. I love the blend of the warm bronze and the cold crystal. And this, what she made you---Beautiful! I love the style and that it can be worn as well as hung on the tree! You must have been thrilled to open this :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous work by both of you and love that Sally created a pendant to wear too. Happy Holidays!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous ornament. And even better, it doubles as a pendant. What a clever design.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Clever design is right!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really beautiful ornament. Love the beaded snowflake and that it can be worn as a pendant-brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How very cool is that? I think that things that do double duty, like this pendant/ornament are brilliant! And anyone who can get little seed beads to do their bidding like that deserves much praise! I love snowflakes and I can just picture how lovely this frosty beauty will look on your tree. I am crushing so much on your pretty snowflakes. I am off to stalk your site! ;-) Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how beautiful! So inventive and lovely, and simply Sally

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful ornament! I love that pendant, that was such a great idea. I do like unusual color combos for Christmas, which is why I have 6 trees...:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well Ms Lesley I absolutely adore both of your ornaments so you better be hiding them or they might come up missing from your tree. Oh my you two have created fabulous. I would love to see your tree! I just kept repeating "Oh My"....hubby asked if I was alright.....beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's is such a gorgeous ornament, her beadwork is amazing! And how wonderful you can take it off and wear it! What a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very kool. I love your ornament & being able to wear it as a pendant too just adds to it's appeal.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a sweet snowflake ornament! I love how Sally created it so that you can wear as a pendant too. You can wear during the day and hang on your tree during the eveings:) It's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the snowflake and the style of this ornament

    ReplyDelete
  18. A gorgeous and clever design! How fabulous, Lesley, that you are able to enjoy it not only for the holiday, but for the entire season! Well played, Sally ... well played! =)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sorry I am late, my friend! Sally's ornament is a stunner. I would wear it so often it wouldnt make it back to the tree! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's brilliant! Not only is it a gorgeous sparkly ornament, but a pendant as well! Very awesome. Wish I had thought of that....

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a lucky duck you are! The piece that Sally sent is just darling. I like how the snowflake component she created can be removed and worn as a pendant too! Super cool! And it's also neat how long and dangly the finished ornament is.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just beautiful! I love what Sally designed. So unique to have both an ornamnet and a pendant.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy - join in with the gossip...