Saturday 2 February 2013

Focus on Life Week 5/52 - Capture a Heart

This year I am taking part in a photo journal challenge set up by the lovely Sally Russick of Studio Sublime who, in addition to creating beautiful jewellery is a talented photographer. Each week Sally sends participants a word prompt and the following Saturday we all post our photo interpretations on our blogs, Flickr or Instagram.

This week our task was to capture an image of one of the many heart motifs that pervade our daily lives but perhaps go unnoticed much of the time. I was hoping to get out and about for this one and find some natural formation to fit the bill but it has been cold, wet and windy here all week, the most miserable of conditions for walking and taking photos. However, while pondering what to do I was looking out at my garden (as I often do when in thoughtful mode) and spotted a solution right under my nose. Not only does this plant provide mounds of pretty blue flowers all summer long, it also manages to survive the most inclement weather and always has an abundance of fresh green leaves in the shape of a sweet little frilled heart. I definitely love my Campanula Carpatica...


And in case you're wondering, this is what it looks like in bloom...


So having braved the weather briefly to get my photo I sat down on the sofa to edit it and Cleo, my feline design assistant decided to come and join me. She got bored very quickly though, curled up for a nap and promptly gave me an unexpected bonus shot...


How cool is that...?!

If you'd like to see where everyone else found their hearts pop over to Sally's blog now.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Lesley.

19 comments:

  1. W.O.W
    You've found treasures. It's so fresh and beautiful heart of botani.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The garden is absolutely the best and my most favorite place to look for hearts. I love heart shaped leaves and how the veins all radiate out from the center.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nature's hearts are always best, aren't they? wonderful pics :)
    no. 26

    ReplyDelete
  4. A heart shaped cat. I love it! Fabulous photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love these, and that the kitty knew just what you were looking for! Don't you just want to rub that little furry belly?

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh look at the sweet furry heart :) Love the pic

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kitty hearts are the best! But that plant is gorgeous too..I join you in the misery over cold wet weather...I think it's like that all over the northern hemi, but it is NOT conducive to outside taking pictures, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kitties are always full of heart

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful shade of blue and perfect little heart leaves just waiting to be appreciated. Your kitty poses better than my dog! Funny how cats lay down and roll over wanting you to scratch them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your hearts are wonderful! I love the editing in the first pic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The heart shape is great, but really love your photo of Cleo. My cat liked to be in my lap wen I sit on the couch and work on my laptop and then she curls up and goes to sleep. They are so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your heart leaf so fresh and radiant, and the kitty is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What two beautiful shots and isn't that cool how our immediate environment usually does offer up an unexpected treasure when we open up our hearts and eyes?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't think I could have found a green leaf to photograph this week anywhere - 29 is not sondusive to growth!! My black cat des have a heart shaped patch of white fur on her tummy but it has a tiny black heart inside it! Cute cat!

    ReplyDelete
  15. While I do love your nature shot, your BONUS shot is so sweet! Love it, Lesley!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL love that your kitty wanted to contribute to your post, which is a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the heart you found in the garden! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Lesley,
    Green heart and a white heart found on two of your loves! What could be better?
    Therese

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy - join in with the gossip...