Wednesday 11 May 2011

The Postman never has to ring twice...

Bead Table Wednesday - 11 May 2011


Why is it that I get so excited when the postman arrives with a bundle of bead or jewellery goodies? It's not as if I haven't paid for them (well mostly anyway) but it still brings on behaviour that most women would reserve for the acquisition of a pair of Jimmy Choo's!


I had planned to make today an earring day and dedicate by bead table pictures to the work in progress, but said postman arrived when I was only 1 pair down and I am now completely distracted. So in the probably vain hope that it will get it out of my system, I've decided to share today's haul with you good people.
If you look closely you can see one pair of complete earrings...!

A stash of lush leather from Cords and Wires (left) and Beads, findings 'n' things - not sure about the yellow... (much brighter in reality) It's supposed to be beige!

Frosted Rock Crystal pebbles, frosted Ice Crack Rock Crystal rounds...these are so tactile and feel like velvet to the touch. Rock Crystal faceted cubes and twist rondelles and Chalcedony faceted trillion briolettes, all from Uncommon Beads.

Horn rondelles, hand carved Howlite pumpkins and faceted jasper beads all from Excellent Gem.

And last but not least, two funky sets of handmade lampwork beads and a 'Thank You' trio from        Jelly Beads Art

Well, hopefully I will now be able to make myself a cup of coffee and concentrate on the work in hand. And in case you're wondering...no I don't own a pair of Jimmy Choo's. I do however, have a rather nice collection of leather handbags...




Click here to see what's on other people's bead tables today.


Happy BTW


Lesley









No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy - join in with the gossip...