Wednesday 30 October 2013

AJE October Component of the Month Reveal

The components for our regular monthly challenge at AJE (Art Jewelry Elelments) this month were these lovely copper clay Ammonite cuffs by Kristi Bowman - Gruel...

 

This is the piece I got to work with - so beautifully detailed...


Because the cuffs are quite large and fairly weighty I felt the bracelet element needed some heft to it for balance so lampwork beads seemd the way to go. While rummaging for the right beads I came across some chunky sections of chain mail which I'd taken off another piece with a patina that was a perfect match for the focal.

 I wanted to use earthy tones to complement the ancient theme of the ammonites so picked out some gorgeous disc beads by Kaz Baildon with a stone coloured base with flashes of purples, teals and blues.


The structure of the bracelet is fairly simple with the beads wire wrapped to attach them to the chain and focal. To finish of I added one of my own bronze ammonites and some pretty Czech glass charms which pick out the colours in the lampwork beads perfectly.


And here you have the finished piece - quite subtle with Kristi's lovely focal as the very striking centrepiece.

 

To see what the rest of the team and out guest designers did with their components just click on the links below....

Guests

AJE Team Members
 
Lesley




14 comments:

  1. Great piece, Lesley. I really like how you balanced everything so well, both in weight and color. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one beautiful bracelet!! Those lampies go so well with the focal and I'm really loving that chunky chain, a perfect compliment!! Thanks so much Lesley!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore this! The chainmaille and lampwork are the perfect fit and balance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore it too!!! I love the chain attached to it!! Perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous piece Lesley, I like how you balanced the focal piece with the chain maille and the lamp worked glass beads. The little charm dangle off of the clasp is darling and gives something to fiddle with.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  6. That chunky chain is perfect for the focal - love it! And I love the beads you used. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love! The chainmaille is perfect for this design, and the lampwork you chose is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning! The chainmaille mimics the ammonite in Kristi's focal and those lampwork beads are just beautiful. Super design all around!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous as always! I love that chunky chainmaille :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That bracelet is beyond gorgeous, Lesley! Everything balances so well! How stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous, yes! Wearable, accents the focal wonderfully. And ironically I almost used Kaz beads too. They went well in scale and color!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning. Love it love it love it!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy - join in with the gossip...