Sunday 31 January 2016

AJE 'Use Your Stash" Challenge Reveal.

For this months AJE challenge, instead of working with a specific component we were charges with getting into our bead stashes and designing with something we already have. This  is a good way to to get yourself going after the new year especially if like me, you creative motivation has gone into hibernation!


I bought these beads from Tracey Seder Donoughe at Bead Fest and I absolutely adore them. So much so that when I go to my stash I invariably spend time just looking at them still amazed at the incredible detail with each one like a tiny little vessel. They are also extremely tactile have the most wonderful feel to them that just makes you want to touch them.

It suddenly occurred to me that if I turned some of these into a bracelet then they would be there to see and touch whenever I was wearing it...almost like worry beads I guess. I pulled out half a dozen of the blue cream beads because they pair well with my daily uniform of jeans and would therefore get lots of wear. It's a fairly simple design with the beads wire wrapped and linked to each other and I've interspersed them with labradorite dangles to give some fluidity and movement to the piece.

I'm pretty happy with it and am keen now to do something with the rest of Tracie's beads.

I also managed to whip up a quick pair of earrings using some of my AJE team stash. I have a whole flock of Caroline's bird beads and I recently acquired some egg shaped lampwork headpins from Jen Cameron in a beautiful mottle glass - a perfect match for these cute little earrings.


I wash also hoping to have a third piece finished for this challenge but life intervened so this beaded piece with a wonderful focal by Birgitta Legonkou is a work in progress. The theme for this is serenity and I'll come back and share it when I do get finished.


In the meantime I hope you will take a little time to follow out blog hop and see what our guest designers and the rest of the AJE team have created for this months challenge - just use the links below. Happy hopping!

AJE team:
Lesley Watt - you are here

Guests: 

Lesley



19 comments:

  1. Tracy´s beads and Caroline´s birds are adorable, and you have created beautiful jewellery of them. And it´s nice to see what you create from the beautiful beaded piece.

    Visit my blog, I took part, even though I´m not in the list... http://suntsan.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Tracie's beads and that bracelet is gorgeous, perfect for every day! Love the earrings and embroidery too, I'll look forward to seeing the finished piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the soft colors and the designs. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful designs! I love the shapes and textures of the beads you chose ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful designs! I love the shapes and textures of the beads you chose ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tracie's beads are awesome and that bracelet is a wonderful design for them. Definitely a wear-everyday piece. I love how you paired Caroline's fat little birds with Jen's speckled eggs. I can see those as a go-to pair of earrings, especially if you wear a lot of blues. And I look forward to seeing the finished bead embroidery piece. The finish on that focal is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is serenity in all these colors and designs, they are all so beautiful and soothing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes. I knew you'd save Tracey's beads for yourself. They are definitely miniature works of art and I could dive into the first picture. Perfect the ones you chose with labradorite. The earrings are adorable - I mean that in a good way! Im working on a piece with Birgitta in mind too, nit quite finished with it...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lesley, what wonderful pieces I love how you have used those beads with the labradorite, the colour play of the stone goes so beautifully with the glaze on the bead and your wire work is immaculate! I look forward to seeing what you do with your seed beaded piece (I already love it)!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All your creations are so soothing and make me think of a gentle change from winter to warm spring weather to come. I am particularly taken by the bracelet. Love it!
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am totally in love with that bracelet! I tend to play with my jewelry and that those beads are crying out to be fondled. Those earrings are so sweet and remind me of the coming spring.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love your design sensibility. These are all really pretty pieces and I can't wait to see what happens with that cab. Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful pieces and I really like the color palate! Those birdie earrings are so stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, how stunning is that bracelet! I love it! And the pendant you are working on, can't wait to see it finished. I love the colors in it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I know what you mean about motivation hiding -- I'm just coming out of school holidays here and I desperately need to find mine (maybe still at the beach!). Anyway, gorgeous pieces! Enjoy your "worry beads".

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG... I LOVE those earrings! I would wear the heck out of those babies. I know you will enjoy wearing your new bracelet... the dangles really add a special touch.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovin the share!!! Everything is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love what you made with some of your stash. The bracelet is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy - join in with the gossip...