Friday 25 March 2011

A Bracelet for Boobs!

You know what it's like when you find a design you like - you make one, and then another and so on...? Well that's been me this week - I got completely wrapped up in wire (excuse the pun!) doing multiple variations on a bracelet theme!

I made this first one to use up some beads left over from a necklace project. Using gorgeous lampwork beads by Kaz Baildon, Sally Carver and Mike Poole, these were teamed with copper wire wrapped around a 12g core with hand made chain added for flexibilty and all topped off with a hand forged clasp.

Bead Box Blues Bracelet
The original necklace
Well, I kind of liked this so I made another one, this time using lovely Woodland Violet beads from Crystal Gardens with copper accents beads.

Spring Violets
As odd numbers always work better I finished the week with another great set of beads from Kaz for bracelet number 3.
Magic Circle
The first two of these bracelets have already found a new home with the lovely Stacey of Silly Mooz lampwork beads and handcrafted jewellery http://www.sillymooz.blogspot.com/ - thanks Stacey.

But I'm hoping to do a little good with the Magic Circle bracelet by donating the proceeds from the sale (My Etsy shop) to the "Walk the Walk fundraising' Moonwalk for breast cancer. A good friend of mine, Louise, has been taking part in this for a number of years - walking a full marathon, in fancy dress, at night and raising money for this very worthwhile cause. I'm not as fit (or mad) as Louise so this is part of my 'very little' bit to help out, and if any of you ladies (or gents) feel like supporting, details can be found here http://www.walkthewalkfundraising.org/triplets - many thanks.

Here's hoping my bracelet helps to support boobs!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy - join in with the gossip...