Sunday 26 May 2013

AJE Earring Challenge - Reveal 10 weeks 19/20

It's time for another fortnightly earring challenge reveal over at AJE (Art Jewelry Elements) and I've managed to get my act together to do a post this time around and my earrings have a definite ocean vibe...

Here I've teamed up some natural sea glass connectors with some fabulous lampwork beads from Maya Honey Lampwork which have been etched to give the same sea glass effect and decorated with shell motifs. The accents are sterling silver as are my handmade ear wires. I love these but boy, do the very soft edges make them a pain to photograph!


My second pair for this reveal are great fun and quite kitsch for me...The handmade paper tube beads are by Gillian McMurray and depict mermaids in a vintage style print. It just seemed natural to add the little shells for her to sit on. The ear wires are hypo allergenic Niobium.

Available in my Etsy Shop

If you'd like to see more designs from the other participants pop over to the AJE Blog which will feature some of the teams favourites in today's post.

Lesley

9 comments:

  1. oh wow! wow! both are just so gorgeous! I love the bits of shell on the second pair, and the softness of the first with those seafoam green sea glass - perfection

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them both, so creative Lesley!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful earrings Lesley! I esp. like the first pair. The lampwork and sea glass go perfectly together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both of the pairs! Gorgeous beads and designs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both so lovely... I'm follower of the Maya Honey shop and think their little shell beads are awesome, the combination here with actual sea glass is divine, Lesley! Thanks for sharing the talented Gillian's creations, too. Your seashell "seats" really make a beautiful addition!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous earrings! I love both pairs. The lampwork beads in the firs pair are lovely and I like the little shells at the bottom of the second pair. Can I ask where you got your sea glass and if it was already drilled?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely! I especially like how you used those little shells in the second pair.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful designs, the lampwork is fabulous and so soft, love them.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy - join in with the gossip...