Saturday 12 May 2012

Art Bead Earring Swap...


I recently signed up for an art bead earring swap hosted by the lovely Diana of Suburban Girl which requires each participant to make a pair of earrings for each of their two team mates. Earlier this week I was delighted to find out that my team mates were two lovely ladies - Tania Spivey of Moobie Grace Designs and Jan Onipenco of Lakeside Creations/Molten Mayhem.


Tania creates the most wonderful eclectic jewellery using a mix of media including textiles and found items. Her designs have a lovely relaxed bohemian feel to them, something I often find hard to achieve and greatly admire. The pieces below utilise textiles, buttons, repurposed cutlery and Tania's own polymer clay beads...definitely a master of several trades is Tania.




Jan's jewellery showcases her own lampwork beads which are full of colour and delightful character . She obviously has a love of nature and this comes through in her beads - just look at these little cuties...so full of fun you can't help but smile.




So all in all I think I've lucked out with my team members - I can't wait to see what they create, but in the meantime I have to get my muse working on some ideas to make sure they're happy they got me too! 


Make sure you come back on June 7th to see an amazing extravaganza of earrings in the big reveal.


Lesley

1 comment:

  1. I have one of Tania's spoon bracelets and
    I love It! I love that colourful little mushroom too!
    Don't worry Lesley, they are very lucky to have been paired with you too!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy - join in with the gossip...