Friday 25 May 2012

New This Week...

Well the weather that took me of to the beach has continued all week which means that I haven't got much done. It's not that I've been spending all my time sunbathing - I'm just less productive in hot weather. I'm prefer my work environment to be on the cooler side even in winter so when the thermometer hits 82º I tend to slow down a bit.

I did get a few things made so I thought I'd share them with you here.


I love the gorgeous shapes and colours of the lampwork beads in this bracelet. They're from Julie at Outwest, one of my favourite Etsy shops for earthy, rustic or organic glass. I wanted to do something a bit different so I wired them together to form a focal section and then added some cotton strung Czech glass and Greek ceramic beads. The addition of a hand forged bronze toggle allows one of the lampwork beads to function as the clasp. The bracelet is finished with one of my bronze sunflower charms and a couple of tiny lampies from Pinocean.


This necklace is so simple, bright and bold which makes it a perfect summer go anywhere piece. The gorgeous floral ceramic pillow beads are by Golem Studio and the lovely etched turquoise lampwork beads are by the Kaz Baildon. Greek ceramic beads add accents and they're all strung on some funky 'tangerine tango' leather. I can just see this with a white shirt or Tee...


And finally, today I made this pretty necklace featuring one of Marsha Neal's signature porcelain butterfly pendants in a lovely soft etched green glaze. I've added a couple of my own bronze flower links and some very pretty orange Czech glass and Impression Jasper beads. The necklace is finished with a decorative Vintaj ladder chain and brass clasp. I'm pleased with how this came out - I've had the pendant for a while and was just waiting for the right inspiration.

I'm hoping for some more bead time over the weekend - looks like the good weather is here to stay for a while so it will be early morning creating before it gets too hot. Hope you all have a great one too.

Lesley

2 comments:

  1. So beautiful - I love the bracelet!
    Greetings, Michi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, just look at all the wonderful things you made. I love the bold colors and textuers here!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy - join in with the gossip...